Monday, May 13, 2013

Smithsonian Badge: H2O Hero

Issued to:ebooth
Badge issued by:Smithsonian Quests
Badge awarded by:10th Grade
Badge Issuer Contact: smithsonian@learningtimes.com
Issued on:May 7, 2013
Also issued to:18 others
To earn this badge, there were two quests to complete. The first quest required doing a quiz on how much water different things, like eggs and bread, need to be produced. I found a lot of the numbers to be much higher than I thought they would be- one slice of bread needs ten gallons of water! After I took the quiz, I had to make a bar graph on how much water various things actually need. For the second quest, I had to write a short article for an imaginary advice column that gave five tips on how a busy family could conserve water. I gave advice like to refill water bottles instead of buying disposable ones and to take shorter showers. Overall, this badge wasn't difficult to earn, nor did it take very long.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on earning the badge. Do you feel as if you are taking your own advice?

    ReplyDelete