Monday, June 10, 2013

6/7 & 6/10 Class Update

On Friday, we continued to work on our immigrant projects. They're due by 2:13 on Thursday, but I'm trying to have mine done before that. It's difficult to work on it during class because mine is being written in Google Docs, but I can only connect to the internet on my iPod about half the time and never on my laptop, so I'm ending up doing a lot more at home than I anticipated. I'd like to finish it up before I go to school on Thursday if at all possible, so I'm trying to make the lack-of-internet thing work out.

Today, we made presentations on our Smithsonian Quest badges about the work we had to do for them. We were done with that before lunch. After lunch, we talked about what we liked/disliked about the badges and whether or not we thought they were worth doing for Mr. Boyle's future classes. Overall, I thought they were a nice break from the usual curriculum, but I didn't like the website we used very much. The website was finicky at times, plus I wasn't particularly interested in the topics there were to choose from. I would've liked it better if it was set up more like a research project that could be done on anything and presented in anyway we wanted to. That way, I could have learned about absolutely anything I wanted to, instead of just what the Smithsonian badges were about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment