Friday, September 28, 2012

9/27 - 9/28 Class Update

For the past couple of days, we've been finishing up the unit on the Constitution and beginning the American Revolution. Yesterday, we had our first end of unit test. I didn't find it to be too difficult, especially after having Ms. Herzl last year with tests that often could easily take much longer than the period allowed and that I never finished. There's one question that I know I definitely got wrong- I had the right answer first and second guessed myself. Oh well, too late now.

Today, we created an animated person from either the New England, Middle, or Southern colonies using voki.com. The person was to be a representation of the average colonist in that section of colonies. My group chose to represent the Southern colonies in the form of John Jacobs, a rice and indigo plantation owner from Charleston, South Carolina. I'm pretty sure my entire group had more fun picking out what John Jacobs looked like than actually writing what he said. I still think we should have had him talk with penguins in the background. No one said the background had to go along with the colonist!

No comments:

Post a Comment