Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First EdCafe!!

I thought that EdCafe on the rights listed in the First Amendment of the Constitution went really well. When we first got the actual assignment, I wasn't a fan of the concept. It seemed like a waste of time and something that we wouldn't learn anything from and I was going to do a lot of prep work with no return. This wasn't the case once we started. In the end, I ended up really liking EdCafe. I learned about others' opinions on the different freedoms we discussed, which made me think more about my own. I found that having a student-led discussion is more like we're just talking than learning, while really we're doing both. We weren't afraid to make our opinions known to our peers when we might pull back and not say anything during class discussions that include the teacher. Student-led discussions also seem less stressful (that's not actually the word I want to use but I can't think of a better one) than regular class discussions. It's a less pressure environment. While I don't believe that EdCafes should take the place of class discussions, I think they're good to supplement what we're learning in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment