Monday, October 15, 2012

10/12 & 10/15 Class Update

On Friday, we were all given a document for either the Olive Branch Petition, Common Sense, or Plain Truth. In groups determined by which document we had, we found the main ideas of each document and important facts. We were then split into another set of groups where we taught each other about the document we had. I'm sure there were inconsistencies with the information from group to group, like what one person found to be important and another didn't think it was important so they didn't share it, but we all got the main ideas for each document.

Today, we presented our Revolutionary Replica "guests." For the record- never ever use orange (or yellow, for that matter) markers for skin. It may work out well for colored pencil, but marker makes your person look like they belong on some form of Jersey Shore in the 1760's. It's not pretty and now my guy looks like he belongs in the back of someone's closet or the trash can. Anyways, I had John Singleton Copley, which I pronounced wrong every time I said his name in my VoiceThread (which is in the previous post). Apparently 'Copley' doesn't have the 'oh' sound, it's more of an 'ahh.' He was an artist in the New England colonies before the American Revolution.

Lesson learned- I know about the Olive Branch Petition, Common Sense, and Plain Truth. And not to use orange markers for skin. Unless I'm drawing Snooki. That's the only case where it's acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment