Friday, November 16, 2012

11/15 - 11/16 Class Update

Yesterday, we talked about antebellum America and problems with making decisions about the Mexican territory. For each decision, we were given a handout with some background information and a list of options we could pick from. As far as deciding about slavery in the new territories, my class decided that "popular sovereignty" was the best option. For the Compromise of 1850, my class rewrote history and decided to vote for the Compromise.

Today, we talked about the Fugitive Slave Law. We also read a chapter from Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

As far as practicing for 15 minutes every day, it's been working out well! Yesterday I practiced for a while before marching band (Alessandra yelled at me the whole time) since I didn't go home and I wouldn't have time once I actually got home. Today, I practiced during my study and even though I would practice more, my clarinet teacher told me I'm not allowed to touch my clarinet until my warm up time at my Senior Districts audition tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment