Thursday, November 29, 2012

11/28 - 11/29 Class Update

Yesterday, we learned about John Brown and Harper's Ferry. John Brown was a Kansas abolitionist who met with Frederick Douglass to discuss whether violence could be legitimately used to free the nation's slaves. John Brown asked Frederick Douglass to join a band of raiders who would seize a federal arsenal and spark a mass uprising of slaves. Douglass declined and knew Brown's plan would prove to be suicidal, which did happen. Brown and his men were captured inside the arsenal by Marines. He was put on trial the the Virginia government for treason against the state of Virginia and was hanged for his crimes.

Today, we continued on with the topic of John Brown. We read primary source documents for John Starry, Robert E. Lee, and John Brown and filled out an analysis worksheet for the documents. This took all class, so we'll most likely be discussing them tomorrow.

My practicing is going well. I don't think my sister likes my goal too much, though. Oh well. For the rest of the 30 days (which is only 7 more, including today), I'll have to be practicing on my marching band/backup clarinet, since my new (well, new to me) clarinet was sent out for repairs today. Booooooooooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment