Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11/5 - 11/6 Class Update and Month Long Commitment

Yesterday in class, we created Venn Diagram that showed the similarities and differences from the documents we read the day before. All three were about the daily lives of slaves and likely wouldn't have been shared or known if we only these slaves' masters' accounts. We also looked at slavery's opponents and defenders and looked for similarities and differences.

Today, we voted in THS's mock election and we'll find out the results tomorrow. We also looked at the Constitution to decide if the United States Constitution is a slave document or not based on Frederick Douglass changing his views on it. So far, I'm leaning towards pro-slavery, but we'll see once I'm done analyzing it.

For the next thirty days, I'm going to try to practice my clarinet for at least 15 minutes a day. It's something I should be doing anyways, especially since I have an audition next week, but often doesn't happen for one reason or another. Maybe if I try to commit to practicing, it'll actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment